Sunday, October 9, 2022

Practice Exercise #6

Topics: Reading for pleasure, Noun clauses.

Sub-topics: Recommend a book, Ways to describe a book.

For this section I will make a review of the topics learned through on a exercise using all the structures, vocabulary and more to show my improvement at these topics.

Tittle: The beauty of reading

At the book store...

Usagi: Okay! Here we are girls, let's see some interesting books.

Rei: Hahahah don't tell me, you're not exactly the book enthusiast type, dumb head.  

Usagi: Hey, you don't need to be so rude, Rei. 

Makoto: It's ok girls. No need to figth right here. We better start looking for something interesting.

Amy: Yeah, and I know where to start. Wait for me here, please.

Minako: And where are you going, Amy?

Amy: I'll just browse something. I heard that my favorite author has his new novel book out! I'm so excited! 

Everyone: Amy!

Amy: Ye-yeah?

Everyone: Just one book! Please

Amy: Ok ok, don't worry, I'll come back later.

Chibiusa: Wow, seriusly, Amy can't get enough of books.

Usagi: Yeah. She's really a bookworm.

Rei: Not like you, you're more like a ugly worm that just sleeps over books.

Usagi: Reeeeei!

A few moments later...

Usagi, Rei, Chibiusa, Minako, Makoto

Usagi: Hahahahahahahaha, this short stories book it's really hillarious. I can't put it down, hahahaha!

Minako: Hahahahaha yeah, this one it's very fast read!

Rei: They only read trash, I think that it's better to read something more interesting and educational, like this Naoko Takeuchi's autobiography.

Chibiusa: I see that travel books are very interesting, but I feel that somethimes they're hard to follow. Maybe they're just aren't my thing?

Makoto: I don't believe so, Chibiusa. You just need to read a book that suits your age first that you really enjoy.

Chibiusa: And what do you like to read, Makoto? 

Makoto: Oh I suppose that cook books are my favorites, self-help books too even if some of them put me to sleep, heheheh. 

Chibiusa: I see, thank you!

Minako: Girls!!!!! I just remembered that a new romance book it's on sale! 

Makoto: Is it a best-seller?

Minako: I hope so! They say that it's a cliff-hanger, I would like to have a romance like that.

Makoto: OMG. Minako, let's buy a copy, right now!!!!

Minako: Uhum uhum!


Chibiusa: Wow I didn't know that Makoto loves romance books too.

Rei: They're just get carried away by the best sellers than other things.

Usagi: Hahahhahaha Don't play innocent, Rei. I know you love romance books, that's your biggest secret.

Rei: Shut up! You forget that I can't seem to get into them?!?!?!

Usagi: Yeah yeah, whatever you say, lovesick.

Rei: How dare you!.You-!

Amy: Sorry, excuse me. 


Chibiusa: Oh it seems like Amy is back.

Amy: Here, I'll buy these, please.

Everyone: ...

Amy: What? Did I do something wrong?


Minako: Amy, did you just take all the book store or something?

Rei: Too much books!

Usagi: Waaaa Amy, are you sure you want to buy ALL of them?

Amy: Well you see, I just can't resist the beauty of reading. I was surprised that there was a lot of real page-turner books near the novel I wanted! I'm sure that I'll finish them at the end of the month. Here, I have novels, mysteries, thrillers, science-fiction, memoirs...

Eveyone: (Oh Amy, never changes)


MGMS 🌈🌸🌸🌸









No comments:

Post a Comment

Usagi HATES english...

Usagi HATES english...