Friday, October 7, 2022

Recommend a book and ways to describe a book

 Recommend a book 

Sub-topic: Genres of books.

When we enjoy something, we share our passions with friends or family and we can have a dicuss about it. Reading is the perfect example of these situations.

Example:

Yui: Oh, hey Reiji, I didn't know you are here at the manor library. What are you searching for?

Reiji: Oh, dear Yui. I'm not here for something special, just my daily dracula biography reading. You know I just can't put it down. 

Yui: Oh yeah, I know, it's a real page turner.

Reiji: How about you? It's a surprise to see you here.

Yui: Oh don't mind me, I'm juuust ehm I'll just browse something interesting here. You know, it's a big library so I'm just keep going hehe. See you later.

Reiji: Wait! I know you're on something, I know you very well... Confess.

Yui: Waaaa, I'm sorry, I didn't want to hide something for you but you caught me. I just can't seem to get into the thriller books you said the other day, they just aren't my thing, so I came to give them back at their bookshelves. And I had shame to tell you, I know you enjoy reading and you can't get enough of books. Sniff*

Reiji: Oh Yui, you don't need to cry, it's fine dear. Here, what about search for something you like and we read it together? Sorry if I didn't ask you before.

Yui: Don't worry, I understand, I'm better now, thanks. Spending time with you always makes me happy.

Reiji: I'm glad, so what would you like to read?

Yui: Hmmmm let's see... What about... romance books

Reiji: (Oh no, those put me to sleep, they're my only weakness in my passion for reading, but I'll do it for her) 

Yui: Reiji?

Reiji: Oh hahaha well if it's what your heart desires, I will gladly do it.

Yui: u/////w/////u

We have some expressions that indicates if we like a book or don't like and helps to recommend or describe a book : 

Like:                                                                           

  • Can't get enough.                                                           
  • Can't put it down.                                                             
  • A real page turner.
Doesn't like:
  • Just aren't my thing.
  • Put me to sleep.
  • I can't seem to get into it.
Also, we can give more information about how to describe a book using expresions like:

  1. A page turner: It's so interesting that you want to keep reading it.
  2. A cliff-hanger: It's so exciting that you can't wait to find out what happens next.
  3. A best seller: It's very popular, and everyone is buying copies.
  4. A fast read: It's easy and enjoyable to read.
  5. Hard to follow: It's difficult to understand.
  6. Trash: It's very poor quality.
MGMS 🌈🌸🌸🌸

No comments:

Post a Comment

Usagi HATES english...

Usagi HATES english...